Friday, March 30, 2012

Ka - why does it seem to be the most heavily critisized?

We are heading out mid November and are trying to decide mainly between Ka and Mystere. It seems like there are more that dislike Ka than any other Cirque show. Just curious why? My hubby talked to someone who saw it and thought it was awesome. We have both seen Love twice and Zumanity. Love was my favorite.



Ka - why does it seem to be the most heavily critisized?


I wonder if people criticize it because it is not acrobatic like some other Cirque shows. The only other Cirque shows I have seen besides KA were a couple of traveling ones around my area. Those shows had jugglers, trapeze people, and a lot of acrobatics. I personally like more of a storyline instead of what I have seen at the other Cirque shows. I am under the impression that Mystere is similar to what I have seen. My finacee did not care for the two traveling shows we seen, so I won%26#39;t bring him to Mystere. We will be going to see Criss Angel in November instead.



Ka - why does it seem to be the most heavily critisized?


Not sure why others are critical... but I have read plenty of good reviews of Ka too. I personally liked Ka much better than Mystere. Not that I didn%26#39;t like Mystere, but Ka was more spectactular to me.




Of the reviews I%26#39;ve read it seems people either loved Ka, or hated it. I think more people seem to dislike Zumanity.



I%26#39;m seeing Ka next week and will get a chance to decide for myself. I%26#39;m hoping I%26#39;m one of those who will love it.




i don%26#39;t think it does seem that way



i don%26#39;t read TR%26#39;s reviews, so if that%26#39;s where you are seeing this I%26#39;ll accept that you think this is the case



of the posts that answer the popular ';which CDS show'; it%26#39;s seems pretty evenly dividied



it maks sense your husband talked to people who loved the show - many do, even if some don%26#39;t




I happen to be in the ';didn%26#39;t like it'; category. I have seen Love, O and Mystere(twice) and I thought all of them were so much better than Ka. It is hard to say why you like or don%26#39;t like something-you just do! Maybe it was because I had seen the other shows first so I could compare it to them. The stage was great but the show itself just didn%26#39;t hold my interest. There is no way of predicting what someone will or will not like.




I am in the ';only going to see it once'; category for Ka. The story line of Ka was slow and it was hard to keep my interest. I think I might have dozed at one point. The stage and all around you were neat.




My 2 cents (for what it%26#39;s worth) is that my wife and i both preferred Ka to O. Loads going on and was very much entertained. Haven%26#39;t seen Mystere though.





Seeing Love at Christmas, looking forward to it.




I am pretty sure whatever once we choose will be good, or it wouldn%26#39;t be there anymore, and it will come down to a matter of personal choice.





BTW- I looked at that word last night and I knew it didn%26#39;t look right ';criticize'; not ';critisize';. I am surprised I didn';t get criticized for my very obvious typo...oops.




I thought Ka was fantastic. I%26#39;ve seen more ';traditional'; Cirque shows with aerialists, jugglers, contortionists etc and my preference by far is Ka...but that%26#39;s just me and my personal taste. Ka actually had more of the ';wow'; moments for me because of the artistry with which they intertwined the technology of the stage with the athleticism of the performers. I though the storyline was woven beautifully into the production and we were captivated the entire time. Have fun making your choice....I don%26#39;t think you can go wrong with any of the CDS productions.




LOVE is my favorite, too.



But KA is the only one I%26#39;ve seen twice.



I think 80% of it is totally awesome, and 20% is totally boring.



The engineering marvel of that stage is something you will never see in any other show.



I also think the theater is worth seeing.



We did not care for Mystere or O, and have not seen Zumanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment