Tuesday, April 24, 2012

First show ever in Vegas: Which one?

What would you recommend my first show ever in Vegas to be?





I%26#39;ve been to vegas a few times, but have never seen a show..I will be going in 2 weeks, and would like to buy tickets to a show ahead of time. I was thinking %26#39;O%26#39; would be a good choice, or Ka..I just want general opinions about what the most entertaining show would be for a 1st timer.



First show ever in Vegas: Which one?


if you%26#39;re looking to see a cirque show, i would recommend mystere for your first one. it has all of the standard elements of good visual effects and good acrobatics. i think it is actually the least impressive of the cirque shows, but if you see ';o'; or ka first then when you see mystere (and everyone should see it once), you%26#39;ll be very underwhelmed. i think it%26#39;s also the most inexpensive one.





for magic shows i%26#39;d say lance burton at monte carlo.





for variety show, i%26#39;d say blue man group, which i enjoyed, but i hear its a love/hate relationship for others.





for a comedy show, i hear great things about carrot top, though i%26#39;ve never actually gone.





for adult review, you have to see jubilee at bally%26#39;s cause its a classic.



First show ever in Vegas: Which one?


My 1st Vegas show was Blue Man Group and I will never forget it, I loved it, though it is a love it or hate it type of show. I agree that lots of people love Carrot Top for comedy and Lance Burton for magic though I have not seen them yet... There%26#39;s also Mac King! He is a magician/comedian at Harrah%26#39;s and his show is at 3pm... maybe not the fanciest ';first Vegas show'; but one that you shouldn%26#39;t miss!




I would definitely recommend a Cirque show. I have seen Ka, O, Love and Mystere(twice). Mystere remains my favorite because I feel it has the most WOW moments and it is a very typical CDS show. Love was fantastic in every way- sets, choreography, costumes, music, everything!- but the emphasis is defintely on the music and not the acrobatic feats Crique shows are known for (although they are there- just not as many). O was good but I didn%26#39;t think it was as good as Mystere. I didn%26#39;t like Ka at all- the stage was nice but it didn%26#39;t hold my interest.



So- for a typical Cirque Show- Mystere. For a fantastic non-typical Cirque Show- Love.



Two shows I really didn%26#39;t like at all- Blue Man Group (hated it, in fact) and Danny Gans. I did see Danny Gans twice but the tickets were $35 both times. He is $35 good -not $100 good.




The Variety show at Planet Hollywood was a good show. It had magic, comedy and a little bit of everything.




I too recommend Mystere. I liked Mystere better than ';O'; and I disliked Ka. I liked Zumanity much better than Ka.



Other good shows are Carrot Top, the comedy places at Harrah%26#39;s and Tropicana, Vinnie Favorito, Anthony Cools, Mac King and Mamma Mia.



I would skip Penn %26amp; Teller, the Amazing Jonathon and Second City.




If you like the Beatles and lets face it who dosen%26#39;t,ha ha ( I am a huge fan and a little biased) But honestly even if you are not the biggest Beatles fan but like their music LOVE is excellent .We have seen it twice and will going again next month .The sound is excellent and you leave the theatre in such an excellent mood .Honestly it is an amazing feeling .The message from their music really is'; ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE '; You come out of the theatre thinking that with a little more LOVE the world really would be a better place.So my vote as you can see is for LOVE.




I say go to ';O'; then you can also see the fountain show...two birds with one stone




I%26#39;ve been to Mystere, KA and Love and my fave by far was KA. My personal reason is that I like a story line, not a 3 ring type circus - a lot going on at one time. The acrobatics in all are great, but KA was my favorite because of the story line. Hope you enjoy whatever you see.




My first show ever was Love and I highly recommend it! I agree with what a previous poster said about leaving the theater in the best mood.




Beatles fan? See LOVE at the Mirage, it is an awesome Cirque show. Otherwise, I recommend Ka at MGM. As someone mentioned, if you prefer an adult, classic Vegas showgirl show, see Jubilee at Bally%26#39;s. I have become a show junkie and have seen some of the best shows in Vegas. But the above are a good start.





P.S If you have any interest in Mamma Mia, you might choose it, since it ends in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment