Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Shuttles downtown from mid stip

Does anyone know if there are any shuttles going downtown from the vicinity of Harrahs? I do know there is one that goes to Sams Town, and then on to downtown. I was just wondering if anything has changed since last year. I was hoping to see a direct shuttle from somewhere mid strip. I know there is the duece. I would rather opt for a cab over that. Thank you in advance.





VegasSue



Shuttles downtown from mid stip


Unfortunately, no. I just stayed on Fremont Street in June, and a taxi from Wynn to my hotel was $20!! We tried taking the bus, but it was a test of patience and took forever. It cost a couple dollars and it was hot and humid and packed to the brim. Of course it stops at every stop along the way. Oh, and you can%26#39;t bring food or drink on. I tried, but the driver refused to move the bus and made me set it down in the gutter because there were no trash cans around.





Yeah, we decided to spend the remainder of the trip near the hotel.





I wonder why nobody shuttles that route? A company could definitely make some money on it...



Shuttles downtown from mid stip


No. You options are a cab or the Deuce. There is another bus that goes downtown (108?) but I have no details about it.




Thank you both for the information.





VegasSue




The 108 bus will not take you downtown from the strip unless you%26#39;re all the way up by the Strat. You can however walk from Harrahs over to Spring Mountain Rd (right by fashion show mall) and get the 116 bus which will take you to downtown. The cost is $1.25 one way or $2.50 for a 24 hour pass. If you get downtown on the 116 bus and you want to use the Deuce to come back you can use the 24 hour pass you bought on the 116 bus and add in 50 cents more to ride the Deuce. Enjoy your trip




Thank you very much reh, your information is very helpful.





VegasSue

No comments:

Post a Comment