Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Just My Observations

Spent 5 nights, 6 days in Vegas last week..Stayed at the Gold Coast.(375 for flight and 5 nights with US Air vacations from Seattle)..about 100 degrees every day...small pool, but mostly senior citizens and not many people...good slots...good room (15 dollars extra to get a ';renovated'; room, but with a king size bed and a good sized, clean room, it was good for me...observed some things that mnay be of interest to others... (1)caught the CAT bus at the airport (lower level) for 1.25 cents to the south transit center and then took the CAT to the strip...took about 40 minutes....better than the shuttle....(2) used the 24 hour bus pass to go on the Duece(50 cents) to downtown...the Plaza has a 7.77 anytime buffet which was actually pretty good, for a change, on a Sunday...(3) played at the El Cortez, but it seems like they have not changed their slots selection in 10 years.(4) the shuttle from the GC and Orleans is a hit and miss proposition..if you go to Orleans and want to go back to GC, you first have to go to Bills and then back to GC...(5) the protestors at NYNY on Sept. 11 should have been ';fire hosed'; all the way back to SanFrancisco with their signs of ';9-11, an inside job';...(6) Big Elvis might have lost a lot of weight, but it seems to me that it has all dropped down to his crotch..not a pleasant sight..(7)City Center is a massive project, If the experts can do that, why in the world can%26#39;t they perfect moving walkways that don%26#39;t break down every other day? (7) all the ';no kids in Vegas'; posters should love this...now, they have lighted backpacks, with half, or more, ';nakkied'; women(?).....(8) that little midget at O%26#39;sheas is enough to make me skip it!!...(9) vegas just posted a revenue drop for the last 7 months....(9) Always keep your room keys, don%26#39;t turn them in when you leave..(10) always check your hotel charge..I was charged 13.99 for a movie that I never viewed and was downtown at the time...



Just My Observations


The lighted backpacks are cool.



Just My Observations


Only if you are a ';perfert';....childless....advocate for immigrants...




';Always keep your room keys, don%26#39;t turn them in when you leave..';





Why?




A moon bat




How does one get a quarter of a penny? I though the bus was $1.25. You state it%26#39;s just over a penny. Last I hear the Deuce was $5.00 for a 24 hour pass, they lowered it to $.50?




jungle,



Thanks for the TR. Can you tell me more about the Plaza%26#39;s buffet. Another TAer recently stated that it was good. I guess I am a bit taken back by that since they use to me pretty lame and about Sahara quality.




Room keys are some of the best free collectibles you can get.




Supposedly, the room keys are coded with your personal information including your credit card number. I never worried about it, but I know some people who swear it%26#39; true.




Here is an article that deals with the room key issue:



www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/hotelkey.asp





Are they finished with the room renovations? When I was there August 10-17 the Gold Coast was having problems with noise, hot water, flooding and -in some instances -electricity in some of the rooms. I experienced all but the flooding in my room because the renovations were being done in the rooms above me. I did have to change rooms.




Room keys are coded with your entire life history.





Of course they need your credit information and ssn incase of some damages or lawsuits.





They also need your medical records in case you fall ill while in the Hotel, its an insurance issue.







Or, maybe they just open the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment