Saturday, April 21, 2012

When is Rodeo?

I am sorry, I know I should spend time searching, but I am just way too tired. We had a trip planned October 9th and now Dad is hospitalized and diagoned with renal cell cancer. There will be surgery soon and some chemo. I am hoping he may be able to go in December. My work schedule only has the weekends of November 8th (probably too soon) and December 6th. I want to avoid Rodeo if at all possible. Other than that, is New Year%26#39;s a zoo? After January it would be April at the earliest.



When is Rodeo?


http://www.nfr-rodeo.com/



When is Rodeo?


';is New Year%26#39;s a zoo?';





Yes.




NYE- think Times Square in NYC. Wall to wall people- so much so that you may not be able to move independently- you go with the crowd. Prices for everything shoot through the roof. Yes, it is a zoo-like atmosphere unless you plan to stay in your room.




Sorry to hear about your dad. My thoughts and prayers are with him-and you. Hang in there and take care of yourself so you can take care of him.




gymjudge, so sorry to hear about your dad. I know how much you were looking forward to this trip. Dec. 6th falls right in the Rodeo. Sorry about that. I%26#39;ll keep your dad in my thoughts and prayers.




I%26#39;m sorry to hear about your Dad...



I was wondering whats wrong with going during the rodeo? My vacation to Vegas falls during that time, I didn%26#39;t know about it until I had already booked. Is it super busy or?




I was wondering the same thing. What%26#39;s wrong with going to Las Vegas when the NFR is on? It%26#39;s not as if the Thomas and Mack Center holds 100,000, and you%26#39;re not going to get molested or harassed by cowboys. This may surprise you, but they%26#39;re fun and polite.




There is nothing wrong with rodeo at all, I actually like cowboys, rode horses for years. I just am trying to avoid high prices. It seems after checking them out that the prices are much higher in November so we may try to go that first week in December.




Aha! I should have known since you%26#39;re from the home of the All American Quarter Horse Congress. Don%26#39;t forget to shop at the Cowboy Christmas Show in the Convention Center.




I%26#39;ll be downtown with Cowboy Vic, but I may try to get to the Convention Center, it sounds like fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment