Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Temperatures - inside and out?

We%26#39;re going to Las Vegas next week and I know it will be hot outside, but what about inside?

Is air-con in hotels/malls turned on to the extent that we%26#39;d feel cold if we went in them in t-shirts %26amp; shorts?

Temperatures - inside and out?

this is personal, and you will get a variety of responses since we are all different.

there are many threads on this, more reading than you probably need since no one here will be able to tell you what works for you - it is likely that you will all react differently, some wanting a light sweater, some not.

many people post they need a sweater or light jacket in the AC.

many people post they do not need a sweater or light jacket in the AC

I don%26#39;t - the AC has never been an issue for me.

Temperatures - inside and out?

Bring a sweater and a couple of pairs of long pants just in case you need them. I never had a problem with the temps inside but many of the people on this forum obviously do have that problem. Nobody is going to be able to tell you if you will feel cold or not.


Thanks for the replies. I know people vary but it does sound like wearing shorts is likely to mean we%26#39;d be too cold inside - does that sounds about right.


no - that%26#39;s NOT right! as said - no one here can tell you.

How do you get that it%26#39;s right you%26#39;ll feel cold inside in shorts from eithr response? both of us said we don%26#39;t.


Well, I thought that if a large proportion of people feel they need a sweater, than that%26#39;s not really shorts-wearing weather. Maybe it%26#39;s different UK/US definitions, as a sweater in UK is a pretty thick %26amp; warm garment. Do you see lots of people wandering around inside in shorts then?


If you want to wear shorts, wear them and if air/con bothers you, take a light jacket. We just returned from staying at MGM Grand yesterday and I wore my light jacket constantly when we were inside because I froze if I didn%26#39;t. My DH on the other hand, thought it felt great inside. There were alot of people (mostly women) with light jackets on inside that had on shorts and t-shirts. I just wore the jacket when I was cold then tied it around my waist or stuffed it in my travel bag when I was outside. Everyone is different so you are going to have to decide for yourself!!!

Have a great trip!


Some will be wearing shorts/tees and others won%26#39;t. Some will have on sweaters/light jackets and others won%26#39;t. There is no ';norm.'; Really- it isn%26#39;t such a big deal to pack a light/mediumweight sweater just in case you need it. If you don%26#39;t want to do that and you find you are cold- you can buy one at one of the malls in Vegas. But I can%26#39;t see the problem with just bringing one yourself!!


Well, I thought that if a large proportion of people feel they need a sweater, than that%26#39;s not really shorts-wearing weather.

where did you get a ';large proportion';? you had 2 answers and both said they were not cold inside

Maybe it%26#39;s different UK/US definitions, as a sweater in UK is a pretty thick %26amp; warm garment.

the wording was ';light sweater'; ';light jacket';

Do you see lots of people wandering around inside in shorts then?

yes

none of the above matters - it is personal. what anyone else does may or may not be the same for you - and as i said, all in your group may be different. people are different.


This is such an often debated question.

I think first it depends on each of our own tolerance to temperature variance (inside or out). I%26#39;ve seen people wearing shorts only and running in the snow. I%26#39;ve seen people bundled up in down jacket in the heat of summer.

Personally, when I travel, I erred on the prepared side. Updating on the latest weather forecast, layering of clothes, wearing pants that can be zipped off half in those in between weather places. Worst case scenario if my clothing is not adequate, then I buy local, that is part of the fun anyway and as a memento.


Bridgefan, why do you feel the need to be so rude with your replies? I%26#39;ve been on these forums for a while and whenever I see a rude reply it is either you or Robert Greene. People use these forums to ask questions and get advice. You might think that these question are trivial and the answers are obvious. The posters ask the questions in good faith expecting a polite and informed response. If you cannot do that then please do not bother to reply at all!

  • stop blackheads
  • healthy halloween treats
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment